Sunday, September 13, 2015

O Lighten Up


Sometimes the things you learn from a relationship are acquired best after the relationship has ended.

The process of separation is unique for everyone, and there are obvious questions we all ask when it is over.  I briefly list a few of the obvious ones and then address a question that I value.  Some obvious but useful questions are:

1.       What was my role in the health/sickness of the relationship?

2.       How can I learn and grow from that?

3.       What will I change for my next one?

4.       How do I define a healthy relationship?

5.       Am I secure in my own knowledge of self to know what my boundaries are and how to keep them safe and healthy while respecting my partners?

6.       Do I have enough love and respect of myself so as to not be needy and to be able to give love freely?

My question of the deepest value now is:
How do I view this person now?  Is it with compassion and love for them as a fellow traveler through life or do I have negative and constricting thoughts?  How am I managing my energy while remembering the relationship?

The reason this last question is so significant for me is because I have a spiritual practice of meditation for enlightenment.  Through the process of meditation I have become more aware of my brain tricks and subtle shifts of consciousness and fields of energy in myself.  It is so exciting because I can think or say or do something and if I feel my consciousness restrict or close in I am getting quicker feedback and this observation enables me to address what caused the constriction so I can clear it out.  I greet the negativity with compassion, understand it, see underneath it, and put it to peace.

The ex, then, becomes a spiritual barometer.  As the formerly wild ambivalent mood swings between love and hate have narrowed to be a simple clarity of what was, was, and is not meant to be, and was just a few seconds on this planet of learning experience, and is now in the past;  it frees the soul to shift, to house new thought forms, and to continue to shift consciousness forward.


So, what spiritual barometers do you have?  Let us lighten up.  Blessed BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment