Sunday, October 20, 2013

Seed Light


 
Seeds.

Seeds are amazing.  They are intelligent little nuggets that provide nutrition in perfect balance of protein and carbohydrate, fiber, iron, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids…  Not only that, but think of it.  A seed has the intelligence in its tiny little life form to reproduce life that grows and produces even more seeds.  A seed continues to give life.  When I eat seeds, I feel like I’m having a truly spiritual experience.  It’s like this intelligent little organized cluster of cells is coming in to my body to talk to other intelligent little clusters of cells.  They cross communicate and teach other about light.  Phototaxis, using light to move,  is being looked at with algae and considering how neurons communicate with each other.  This discovery has created the discipline of Optogenetics in which conditions such as Parkinson’s, anxiety, PTSD, etc. can be treated by “turning on and off” circuits in our brains using light.  Seeds rely on light just as do we.  I believe eating seeds is Holy Communion.  I’m glad our local library system actually is expanding the “stacks” and now has a seed library.

Making a logical connection between seeds, brain circuitry, and spirituality is easy for me.  The way I understand this physical domain is that it is a coarser manifestation of primal source of vibration in light and sound.  We experience this reality of wave forms through the limited senses we have evolved. 
Add caption
We use the word “seeds” in metaphorical expressions for the “non-physical.”  I was recently talking with a friend about human relationships and how in some relationships and contexts the “seeds” that came out in conversation have caused damage.  I don’t have the relationship with my siblings that could be more beneficial for all parties.  Seeds have been planted from long ago that caused developmental issues, and seeds have been planted in recent times to sever relationship.  My friend used the term “responsible healing” and I really like that.  It is not my goal to cause any pain, but how can one heal without bringing some things in to the light?  If one comes to understand how early trauma changed the forming brain and needs to heal, and in that healing, one goes through stages of anger and grief, how does one do that without occasional clumsiness? 

Anyway, I’m happy to be in the stage where I have love, forgiveness, and compassion towards those who harmed me and their awakening process to have to reckon with past actions.  When I’ve hurt others it had come from a place of pain and I suspect the same is true of others.  A touching documentary I recommend is Dhamma Brothers – in which prisoners are doing Vipassana meditation and they are having to come to terms with their lives and actions.

The healing process - and we are all healing I believe, can be treated with good seeds.
 
Decades ago, when I began the first PTSD pre-psychotic episode, I was put on heavy drugs including Thorazine which even at that time was rarely used.  I wasn’t ready to deal with the full ordeal yet.  However, at the time a book that helped me heal significantly was Shad Helmstetters “What do you say when you talk to yourself?”  The thought-seeds for the subconscious can be re-written.  Daniel Amen says that you don’t have to live the brain you were born with.

During the healing process, it has been challenging for me to get stuck in old hurts and pathologies and identify too much with the sickness when the truth is that although I’ve had the early beginnings I did, my life for the most part has been pretty damn amazing.  True, my perspective wouldn’t have been so skewed and I would have experienced things differently, but it doesn’t serve me well to be stuck in what could have been.  It puts me in a place of pain and I leave the present moment where there is so much joy and perfection with all the things I have to be grateful for.  Staying out of the negative and moving to the positive requires tender selection and loving placement of thought-seeds. 

The subconscious is so vast and powerful and will run with what we feed it.  The relationship we have with our subconscious is important and as Carl Jung said, “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”  It is important to understand what gets thrown forth from the unconscious and to deal with it by transforming it in creative and productive ways.  The conscious and subconscious have a reciprocating relationship. 

It takes a lot of discipline to keep watch over the thoughts we let come in to our minds.  I will write more on this in a future blog about the challenges a damaged brain has to heal itself.  Sometimes serious intervention is required because the organ required to cause healing is the organ itself that is so sick.  However, past the threshold of complete breakdown and in to healing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and deep trance work does wonders.

I love how Joyce Meyer says, “you don’t have to think every thought that comes in to your brain.”  It’s a good idea to take long walks with intentional thoughts of how you are going to spend your thinking day so that your subconscious can follow suit.

Here’s a seed: 
Imagine, put a little “magic” in, and put a mental picture to… your life as complete and peaceful and abundant.  All of our lives as complete, peaceful, and abundant.  How would we live if we weren’t afraid of being victimized?  Would we be a little more kind to each other by behavior just as simple as fair treatment by offering decent wages and health care?  What does that world look like?

 

What other seeds do you have?  Seeds for yourself?  Seeds for others?  Seeds for the world?

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely site. I grow traditional First People's Medicine Grass (That's actual grass of the plains NSA!).

    ReplyDelete